Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Glimpse of the Future?

I'm watching election coverage on CNN. They just scanned the crowd in Chicago... People are chanting "OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA." Pennsylvania is projected to go to Obama. But what struck me was the diversity of the crowd. Anyone who believes that Obama will win because people want to see a black President need to pay attention to his supporters, his campaigners, his canvassers, his volunteers. Young, old, male, female, black, white. The diversity was impressive. The individuality of each face, chanting together as a unit... This man has the potential to unite a majority of this country. Not all, unfortunately. Some will always cling to racism, ignorance, fear. But for the first time, I feel like white and black and yellow and brown and pink... are all working for the same goal. It's an amazing feeling. I am damn glad I voted. BTW- 102 electoral votes for Obama, 32 for McCain. Ouch. Stay tuned...

No comments: