Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Little Bit of Holiday Heaven

Edited to add: I am fascinated by sites that do recipes with follow along pictures. So this is my version. Consider it the first installment of "Office Cooking with Liz." Could become a regular feature- cooking breakfast, lunch, snacks in my office. Capturing it all with my cell phone camera. See what I do for you, my gentle readers? Just had to share... I am enjoying a cup of coffee. Not just any coffee. Liz's Holiday Special Coffee. 1 packet of Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensation (I get mine at Super Target. It's in a brown box and usually runs around $1 for a box of 8 packets.) Coffee Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha Liquid Creamer My method... Empty packet into my mug.
Add a smidge of HOT water.
Mix well. So that you have a nice, creamy, thick chocolate liquid.
Add coffee, fill the cup. Don't let the pot fool you... it's definitely NOT decaf!
Add creamer to taste. That first step really makes a difference. Dissolves all of the powdered hot chocolate mix and eliminates those annoying clumps you can sometimes get. And to make it especially yummy... Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's. These are like Oreos but the creamy center has bits of peppermint in it. Heavenly! And to bring the whole heavenly mix together... Dip the cookie into the choco-coffee-minty drink!
You will hear those Christmas angels singing- I swear it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delightful! Peppermint Mocha is my favorite!!! Your recipe is sugar free, calorie free, right?

Eternal Lizdom said...

If you believe in Holiday Miracles, it is! LOL!!

Jim McCann said...

Holy Holiday YUMMINESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie ODea said...

hahahaa! LOVE the office cooking.
xox
steph