Thursday, November 20, 2008

Single Ladies

I love YouTube. Beyonce's "Single Ladies" has become quite a huge hit. I've got it downloaded on my phone- good beat, makes me walk fast. I like music that makes me want to move. What I love is getting on YouTube and seeing all the... tributes... to a song or whatever. Singing... Dancing... It all takes me back... I remember friends in junior high who would sit with a cassette recorder and record movies so they could learn every line. Grease was the main one I remember. I remember kids in school memorizing every step of Thriller. And now those kids are adults, finding a new way to share all that they learned. So what childhood memories do you have of singing and dancing and pop culture?

4 comments:

Joanie said...

Morning Liz! I found via jim and Garret's blog. I love that weddng thriller youtube clip! an the guy dancing to Beyonce' reminds me of a guy I work with you was compeltely obcessed with her and learned all her dance moves. Cracked me up!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I've always wished I could be one of those people who could learn moves just by watching... even when I was in theatre and show choir, I had to be taught moves by a choreographer. I've never had a talent to just mimic dance moves!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Oh- and pardon my manners! Welcome, Joanie!!

Eternal Lizdom said...

From Garret...

OK, the dancing gay guy was even too gay for me!

Garret of jimandgarret.blogspot.com

(I''m gonna go tweak the comments thing to see if I can fix the issue, Garret!!)