Monday, December 29, 2008

End of Day One

WOOHOO!!! Hip Hip HUZZAH! Much was accomplished today! Teagan's room looks fantastic. I hope she loves it! Zach's room just needs the bed made up- that will happen later tonight. The sheets are in the dryer. He now has some play space and toys in his room. It's no longer just a nursery- place to sleep and change diapers. It's now Zach's Room! My bedroom is half-ish done. Cleaned up a bunch of stuff quickly because I needed to get the spare bedframe tucked away under our bed, I needed to reunite the rocking ottoman with the rocking chair, I needed to place the spare little blue ottoman at the foot of our bed (it's now Sassy's helper step to get into our bed). The living room is 3/4 done. Toys have been sorted and reorganized and I have a garbage bag full to go to Goodwill. Really did a lot in here. More to do but I'll work around to the other part of the room (the part that connects to the dining room) tomorrow. It's very manageable now. My mom is coming for the day tomorrow. With her help, I will get control of the laundry. We will also tackle the kitchen. And I'll scrub my bathroom and the front entryway. Damn. I should throw a party when I'm done. My house hasn't been this cleaned up since... I was nesting while pregnant with Zach!! Over a year!! I am sore and tired but proud of all the work I've done. I feel more in control and less stressed. I promised pictures and they will come soon! I have to get pics of everything- and I figure I should pose the kids in there to make the pics look better. Speaking of kids, it's time to go pick them up. And, as a reward for all my hard work, Jeff is taking us out to dinner!!

Thanks for hanging out with me today... tune in later for those much promised pictures. And I will try to do updates tomorrow as well! Wednesday is reserved for FUN. The movies are calling me...

2 comments:

Joanie said...

If I send you a plane ticket, will you help me clean my house?

Anonymous said...

BRAVO! Cheers to a successful and productive Day 1 - I can tell you're feeling the "immaculate house" groove!