Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oops! My Bad!

So Jeff and I went to see a movie this afternoon... we got in right at the moment the movie was starting... just after the previews. So it is dark in the theatre, we have to wait for the screen to light up to find seats. I lead the way up the steps and we sit behind 2 people and with no one behind us. There is an odd smell tickling my nose and I can't place it. I notice the backs of the heads in front of us- curly hair, shortish. One whiteish blond, the other grayish brown. Ah. Old lady smell. That perfumey, powdery, medicinal smell. Great. Being mature, I text Jeff about it. Ha ha ha. Watch the movie, ignore the smell. It isn't hugely strong or anything. I lean forward to change positions and I notice... The old ladies are holding hands!! Wait a minute! I text Jeff again... "old lady lesbians!!!" He looks and cracks up. Not good in a very serious movie (Seven Pounds). So I'm back to being focused on the movie. From time to time, I notice the 2 women hold hands or a hand rest on a leg. And I love it. I think it is awesome. I'm all "power to the people, you go girls!" Movie ends. Lights come up. The white haired, curly blond? Moustache. Yep. And they weren't that old. Plain old middle aged straight people. That had the potential for real embarrassment... Jeff can tell you... I'm not one to keep my thoughts to myself. So I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that I didn't lean forward during the movie and say something... "I think it is really great you guys are out and proud!" Yeah. About that... Maybe I do need to make New Years Resolution. To make sure I have ALL of the information before sticking my nose into other people's apparent business!!

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Very funny - let that be a lesson to us all!

Jackie E. said...

That is too funny!! Good thing u didn't say anything. Hope u enjoyed the movie as much as I did.

Boozy Tooth said...

Hilarious.

miss tanyamami said...

haha I would have prob did the same thing you did! have a great NYE my DH is already in bed and it's not even 1030!

Garret said...

I pictured the Golden Girls, especially Beau Arthur.

Mrs4444 said...

That is HILARIOUS! :)