Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Bells Are Pealing!

From NPR: Twelve ringers will sound the bells at New York's Trinity Church for three hours in celebration of Barack Obama's inauguration. It's called a "full peal." Such an extensive and lengthy bell ringing performance is unusual in the U.S. Trinity is one of the oldest churches in the country. Anyone in NYC? Are you hearing the bells as they peal? I've always loved the sound of church bells. Can you imagine 3 hours of those bells ringing? Of ringing those bells?

2 comments:

Garret said...

I hear voices in my head a lot of times. After reading this post they keep saying "ring, ring".

Thanks Liz, now it's another trip to my special doctor.

Garret

Eternal Lizdom said...

I think what you hear is Jim saying "Hey! Ding dong, ding don, ding dong!"