Sunday, February 1, 2009

Garlic Parmesan Artichoke Dip

OMG. This stuff is insanely good. I went to a Tastefully Simple party a while back and bought this stuff called "Garlic, Garlic." It's used to make a chip dip and you can use it to season stuff, too. It's, obviously, heavy on the garlic. I had found this other recipe for some kind of spicy artichoke dip and got to thinking about it and came up with the following renovated version: 1 cup mayo 1/2 c parmesan cheese (use the good shredded stuff and not the sprinkly dry stuff) 1 c crushed ritz crackers 1/2 ts worcestershire sauce 1/2 ts Garlic Garlic (just use garlic powder if you don't do the Tastefully Simple thing) 2 14-oz cans of artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped Preheat oven to 350. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Blend together all ingredients except the artichokes. Fold in artichokes. Spread into casserole dish. Cover. Bake 20 mins. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, hawaiian bread, or whatever you love to dip! It's seriously yummy and addictive. I'm in trouble because I am the only person in my house who will eat it (kids are in bed and Jeff doesn't eat artichokes).

5 comments:

Joanie said...

Liz, you keep writing about food and you are making me hungry!!!!

Natalie said...

One time my sister and I made a dip like this. . .and then ate the whole thing ourselves. We were almost sick. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat--it's awesome!

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

I loooove Garlic, Garlic as well as artichokes. How did I NOT know about this recipe?????

Eternal Lizdom said...

The important thing is that you know about it now!! I saw a recipe for a Mexican Artichoke Dip but it had chili and hot sauce and things my family wouldn't touch. So I started thinking about ways to amend the recipe and decided to replace the spicey things with garlicy things and Voila! Garlic, Garlic Parmesan Artichoke Dip was born!

SCREAMING FOR CHOCOLATE said...

Oh I will def try this one. I love love love this type of dip but have never made it. Now I will. Thank you Liz....

Coco