Friday, July 24, 2009

Is Your Life G?

I think I shared a link to fmylife.com once before. Now there is also My Life Is Average. And my new fave site to visit when I need some smiles... My Life is G People submit, anonymously, little snippets- like Tweets, really- about something in their day that made them see how life is good or great. Little things, big things. Some of my favorites: Today, someone confessed to me that his father abuses him,and he had at one point in his life attempted suicide. I told him how much I love him, that I will always be here for him, made him his favorite cookies, and also wrote him a letter with all of my favorite memories with him that wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been there. He lit up and said he's never felt so loved. MLIG. Today, I went out to brunch with my dad. For the first time ever, I was able to treat him with money I earned myself instead of the other way around. MLIG. Today, I was that told I am now cancer free. MLIG Today began with my girlfriend and me fighting. Today ended with my girlfriend and me talking and laughing like nothing had ever happened and my very religious mother holding me as I came out to her. MyLifeIsG. One day, I was working as a cashier and a lady came with her groceries and a bouquet of flowers. I rang in all her groceries and when she had paid, she told me that the flowers were for me. She said that God had put it in her heart to do something nice. I don't even know this woman, she made my day. MLIG. What are some ways that your life is good these days?

7 comments:

Teacher Tom said...

Once when my daughter was younger she got herself worked up about things like war and crime and terrorists and all the other horrible things she was hearing about. I calmed her down in part by assuring her that most people, most of the time, throughout history, live peaceful, loving, joyful lives. Those things are so normal that they aren't interesting enough for the history books or newspapers.

This site reminds me of that. Thanks.

Strange Mamma said...

Just commenting to say 'hi!'. We're back from our mini-vacation. Good to hear you guys had such a great time on yours. And wow, if I'm ever back in that neck of the woods on a Tuesday, you can bet I'll be ringing you up to see if you're free for a dinner date.

Garret said...

Today, I peed in the toilet without splashing myself.

Boozy Tooth said...

Ug! {rolling eyes at Garret} My comment would have to follow yours...

Today, I made lunch for my husband and daughter and my daughter said: "Thanks for the healthy lunch mom. It's the best I've had in a long time." And then she helped me clean the house. MLIVG!!

Mary Ellen said...

Awesome. Just that.

Joanie said...

I like this one, Liz! Better than the F one.

And what a good big boy Garret was yesterday!!

I gave my daugher my 70 cents a gallon off gas thing to my daughter to use on her car. Gas for $1.73 is FABULOUS!! MLIG

Alison said...

I went to the farmers' market today and couldn't turn around without seeing someone I know--farmers, chefs, market volunteers. I felt so "belonged." MLIG.