Saturday, September 26, 2009

365 Days

Finding this graphic in a Google Images search was a very nice reminder of what it means to be part of the blogosphere. This was the first image that popped up and it linked me to my friend Amy's blog- The 4th Frog- and to her own recent blogiversary post. A general search leads me to someone I know. That's pretty cool. 537 posts. I only started tracking hits at the end of January- but have had 23K hits in that time frame. I've learned about blog conferences and groups. I've smartened up on Analytics and learned about how to best promote oneself. But none of that is why I blog. I love to write. I love connecting with people. People fascinate me. I love perspectives, experiences, struggles, triumphs, everyday comforts, joy, pain, humanity, compassion, and silliness. And I've seen all that and more over the past year. In my first post, I said: My mission statement... I am here to share ideas that I find or come up with in regards to parenting, babies, work, home, friendships, marriage, and anything else I feel like sharing. I like to test ideas. I like to test products. I like to test food and restaurants. I like to take and share pictures. I think I've done that pretty well. Here's to more of it in year 2. And maybe some expansion... reaching more people, connecting with more people, sharing more of myself and my learning. My kids are getting older so I hope to have more "around Indy" things to share, more adventures, more places to explore and share with you. Thanks for being here, for connecting back, for reading and commenting, for clicking my way... I'd be nothing without my readers. I would have quit by now if I didn't know there were people reading and enjoying and learning and laughing with me! In the words of Michael Conniff, "The heart and soul of blogging is the individual and/or the group of individuals opining on the fly and responding post-haste to one and all."

16 comments:

mimbles said...

Happy blogiversary! May there be many more to come :-)

Joanie said...

Happy Blogiversary! I just might steal that graphic for myself in 35 days!

Cajoh said...

Happy Blogiversary. My 200th post will be Monday. So glad you did not quit either. Very glad I'm able to connect with you as well.

Pandora's Box said...

Congratulations, Liz! :-)

Lani said...

Happy Blogoversary! And thanks for your help with my Blog Party!!

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Happy blogiversary! That is so exciting! Stopping by from SITS to say hi and Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

http://ontherefrigeratordoor.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Happy blogiversary! We've both been blogging for a year, we live close to each other and we've never met. Seems like we should fix that before we each celebrate another blogiversary.

Lori D said...

See? Many understand and wish you well on your blogiversary! So congrats and may those amazing connections continue to grow!

Angela said...

Happy Blogiversary.

JennyMac said...

Happy Blog Bday!

Flory said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Visiting from SITS.

Strange Mamma said...

Happy belated Blogiversary!

Heather said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I hope you have many good years to come :)

Unknown said...

Happy one year!

I added you to my reader a few days ago and I'm excited to ride along for year two.

hoteltuesday said...

Hurray! Happy Blogiversary! I'm a year late, but I'm glad I discovered your blog. Hopefully, we'll both be at for years to come.

Kristi said...

I am so glad you started a blog. I always enjoy your comments on IMLM and now I just get to read more! Keep it coming!