Wednesday, December 23, 2009

WWW: Christmas Stories

Click the button for info on past subjects- and only one more week is planned. Haven't decided if this will be an ongoing feature or not...
***
Christmas Stories. And while I am going to focus on Christmas because that is what my family celebrates, I certainly invite you to focus on stories relating to your own winter holiday celebrations.
Last year, I shared the story of My Magic Christmas. It is still my favorite story from my childhood and I love remembering it through my child's vision of the time. I hope you will take the time to go and read it.
But I know there are more stories that make Christmas magical for others. The Christian story of Christmas itself is miraculous and magical. A poor young girl has an angel appear to her to tell her she will become pregnant with God's baby and she and Joseph will marry and raise this child. Can you even imagine? Put that into today's society and it's the story of a high schooler who made a mistake with her boyfriend and is trying to cover it with some wild story! These days, Mary would get locked up for psychiatric treatment for hallucinations and delusions of grandeur. Joseph's family would demand a paternity test... wonder how those DNA results would look...
I love hearing Christmas stories. Whether it's a magical Christmas from your childhood or a tradition that started with your family, your children or something humorous that happens every year... Christmas is a time of storytelling and sharing and magic.
I've dug up a few Christmas stories from bloggers to share with you. But I'd really love it if you would link to a newly written story on your blog or an old post on your blog that shares your own favorite Christmas story.

6 comments:

mimbles said...

Do fictitious stories count? I'm still rather pleased with my Firefly adaptation of The Night Before Christmas. Mind you, it only makes sense if you're a huge Joss Whedon fan.

Kori said...

The post I just wrote yesterday pretty well sums it al lup for me. I also love the ones you linked to! Happy holidays!

C. Beth said...

Thanks for the link, Liz! I checked out that awesome Firefly adaptation and am off to read Kori's story.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I think my confession for today fits in quite nicely with your topic. :-)

hoteltuesday said...

Magical Christmas?? Well, that reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVGBYVq431E

Matt Pfingsten said...

So sorry for only dropping by now to say thank you for the nod...better late than never though!

A very happy New Year to you, Liz!