Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Fragments: Land of the Living!

Hadn't intended this to be a Friday Fragments entry but... it ended up being one anyway!
Zach is doing remarkably well. He was physically sick for about 6 hours.
It was good to be home with him yesterday for his recovery.
I discovered that my husband has an amazing ability- he can clean up puke with no hesitation or gagging. I get to do poop and blood- he gets to do puke.
Zach also has a weird diaper rash that we've been fighting since before 12/10. Made our 2nd trip to the doctor for it yesterday and are on our 3rd round of prescribed treatment. Doc took a swab of the rash to send to the lab to see what the culture tells us. Hopefully we get that result back today. He's on a second round of antibiotics (new drug this time) and we continue on with the cream.
Trying to get caught up at work- I had a nice organized pile of "to do" things for Thursday but now have to rush through that pile and get caught up from the new things that came up in my absence yesterday.
And someone stole my earbuds! They were on my desk when I left on Weds. They are GONE today. Isn't that gross? So I'll buy a new pair at lunch today because it's driving me NUTS to not tune in to music or have a little Doctor Who on my Zen... and I'll be locking my valuables in my desk every day from now on. Sad, sad.
Speaking of Doctor Who... Jeff's got me hooked on the "new" series. I watched the Xmas and New Year's episodes and loved it. So I'm starting from the start and am on Ep 10 of the first season. We watched the end of "The Empty Child" at home yesterday and Zach was hooked (no, we don't normally let our kids watch stuff like that- but he was zoned and half asleep anyway)... so much so that once we turned it off and got ready to go see our doctor, he was all excited, thinking we were going to see Doctor Who! It was very funny!
Back to your regularly scheduled programming... I'm hoping I can get caught up tonight on blogs- but my resolution, that I just confessed to, may have taken a hit due to illness!
Wow- I didn't mention Teagan at all! Eek! We worked really hard to provide her attention and one on one time and responsibility while Zach was sick. She had a hard time when he was the total focus Weds evening- in the midst of his puking. But she eventually figured it out and ended up being a helper. Lots of good stuff going on with that girl lately in terms of behavior. Still having some meltdowns and whining and all that... but I know that I'm handling it better and Jeff's handling it better and that's the important part!
Happy Friday!

9 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Glad Zach's feeling better. How miserable for all of you!

Someone stole my earbuds once. Nasty! I definitely didn't want them back.

Kori said...

I hope they figure out what is causing the rash; that has got to be painful for the little guy! Here's to hoping everyone is feeling good for the weekend.

Shell said...

A husband who can clean up puke? I'm so jealous! Mine gags...like I like it or something.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

My daughter had a random rash on her pelvic bone. Bad mommy that I am, I didn't even realize it until we got to the pediatrician for a well-baby check up. It looked like it might have been ringworm (aeyyyyy!) but we tried a new kind of "organic" diaper rash cream, and it went away. Hope you figure out what's causing your little guy's problem!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Amy said...

What a rough start to your New Year. (I know, we're a week into it, but it still feels like the New Year.)

Sucks about your ear buds. Did you buy some pretty new ones or basic black or white?

mimbles said...

Good to hear Zach's so much better, and that Teagan is doing well too :-)

I love that Zach is hooked on Dr Who too, start 'em young, that's what I say! Well, about some things anyway ;-)

designHER Momma said...

gah, it feels like everyone is sick! Hope you all are feeling better soon!

Garret said...

I'm glad Zach's illness was only 6 hours.

Jim can't be around puke otherwise he'll puke. He can't even clean up cat puke. Yet, he laughs at me abut being scared and grossed out by a roach.

mub said...

I love love love the new Doctor Who series. I need to watch the new episodes that just aired, but I haven't had a chance to yet. It'll be interesting to see how the new doctor turns out!

I hope that the doctors will figure out what's going on with poor Zach. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.