Sunday, February 28, 2010

Healthier Me

There might be some of you who are a little tired of my food and exercise posts. There may be some of you who don't want to hear it anymore. To those people, I apologize sincerely right now. Because it isn't going to stop. I've got this fire of motivation and I don't want it to go away. I want to nurture it and feed it and help it grow stronger. I want to be healthy, I want to be fit. Here are some of the crazy things I've done in the past few days... things that are totally out of character for me, things I want to keep doing. 1. Jeff picked up the Wii Just Dance game. Total props to Shell at Things I Can't Say for pushing and pushing this game. It was on sale at Target. Had to get it. Fired it up last night. Did 30 minutes, 21 songs on short versions (repeated a few). Had FUN, got my heart rate UP, and I was SWEATY. Loved it! 2. Got up Saturday morning, ready to run. Couldn't do my first Couch to 5K workout because we got some snow last night. So I hopped in the car and drove across town. Spent 2 hours in the office getting some loose ends tied up and even arranged my workspace so that my computer doesn't completel block me from people walking by or coming in- I wanted it to feel more open. Then I went across the street and did my C25K workout on the treadmill. Had the gym completely to myself. Struggled a little but never to the point where I wanted to quit. 3. We had lunch at McAlister's when I got home. I DID NOT ORDER SWEET TEA. Insane, I know!!! I didn't order tea or lemonade. I had water. And I ordered a healthy meal- minestrone soup and half of the grilled chicken salad (no bacon, most of the cheese went to Zach). 4. I'm tracking what I'm eating by using My Daily Plate on Livestrong. I'm tracking my calories and my workouts. I don't plan for my blog to become a fitness blog. But I write about the things that are up front in my life and mind and heart. So there will most likely be more posts to come about food and exercise. I'm good at starting multiple other blogs to store things so maybe the best thing is to start a Healthier Me blog where I can store all of this information and excitement. Photobucket

15 comments:

Amy said...

You go girl! Keep the momentum going. You'll be glad you did.

Anonymous said...

A healthier you. I love it. A few simple changes can have a big impact.

Thanks for the Livestrong tip. What a great site.

Nancy said...

Go Liz, you are off to an awesmoe start!

Alison said...

Do NOT apologize for putting this in your blog. You're not running a business; it's your life. I still hope to see Kid Bits and such, but hon, if your health-related posts bore me, I'll just skip 'em and wait for the next one. Whatever keeps you motivated!

Teacher Tom said...

You're doing this for both yourself, but maybe even more importantly you're role modeling healthy choices for your kids. I'll always read great parenting posts!

Unknown said...

Way to go Liz! Way to go!

Unknown said...

Great job, Liz! As you know I'm on my big mission to become "Fit By Forty" so I enjoy all of your blog posts, regardless of the topics! I like reading blogs that are about life...your real life.

As you may or may not know, I started a separate blog for my adventures with the BodyBugg and my weight loss. That was a personal choice, just because I kinda wanted to keep that and my "life" blog apart.

Do what you will, but regardless of if it's one or five, I'll be following!

Katherine said...

Don't apologize. It's great to hear all your tips and ideas. I'm going to have to check out the Just Dance game for Wii. I love my Wii Fit, but am looking for something else as well.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind, blog about whatever tickles your fancy! On an exercise note, I am trapped in our basement b/c I am moving my computer down there and have gone up and down stairs all day and now my legs are SHOT!!! I think I will have to sleep down here!!!

Jason, as himself said...

That does it. I MUST get the Just Dance game. I've been hemming and hawing about it because I don't want to spend the money. But now. No longer.

Nancy C said...

I am happy for you. You sound like you're ready to take on the world.

michelle said...

Rock on Liz. No apologies.

you go, girl

Karen M. Peterson said...

Looks like you did some really great things this weekend!

And like everyone else said, No Apologies! This is your blog and you can write about whatever YOU want. If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to read it.

Claudya Martinez said...

Dance your butt off and blog about it all you want!

C. Beth said...

I think what you're doing is AWESOME!!