Friday, February 19, 2010

TGI Fragments!

I gotta admit... it isn't so much that I actually have all these loose ends to put into a post... it isn't even how much I like that it's Friday... there is just something about Mrs.4444's Friday Fragments that pulls the week to a close. It's something to look forward to! ***** I've been really lucky seeing funny trucks and such lately. I've got a couple more. They aren't as good as the last couple of weeks but... well, you'll see. This one- you might need to click to bigify it. The van signage says "Pepper Heating &" I know these are hard economic times. But if you've changed your business to stop doing cooling... why did you leave the "&" on the truck? What on earth is going to replace "Cooling" that you felt the need to leave the "&?" Heating & Tacos?? Heating & Dry Cleaning? Heating & Lawn Service? On our drive back to the office from a lunch hour visit to Costco... Christy and I ended up behind this minivan. I get the message and it's great. Jesus is our friend and He died for us. I get it. But "Amigo" written in a ninja font? And Jesus looking like a horse head with a long flowing mane? That's just kinda... weird. I just have to wonder what inspires someone to decorate a minivan like that? ***** My family is sick. Teagan has her cough and is on antibiotics. Zach woke up Thursday with a fever. As I type this, my ears are feeling full, my lymph nodes are swollen and sore, my sinuses are full. I'll be hitting the neti pot before bed and I've been taking Airborne for the first time in my life. I'm fighting this one as hard as I can. ***** Zach is right on the verge of being potty trained! In all honesty, it's just a matter of Jeff and I taking a few days to really hunker down and put him in underwear and deal with accidents. He's pooping on the pooty 95% of the time. He's peeing more frequently in the potty. We have pull ups that he is wearing sometimes- but they are basically a diaper and they feel like a diaper to him. It's really a matter of Jeff and I finding the time to dedicate. The time and energy to dedicate to putting him in underwear full time. ***** I am so happy James is on Survivor. He's just nice to look at. ***** I've been totally opening bananas upside down. Do you know this trick? It totally works and my life is 1000 times easier because I can now open a banana with no problem. Jeff can tell you- bananas and I have long had a battle when it comes to peeling... no longer! I have won the war! ***** I've got a new post up over at FitCity Indy! Please go check it out and I'd love it if you leave me a comment. Much thanks to Garret and Mami for supporting me in my intro post on FitCity! Also... I'd love for you to "fan" me on Facebook! Click the button in the right sidebar to visit my fan page. I haven't decided what all I will do with my fan page- but my intention is to have Facebook be a connection to the blog and also a bonus spot. Like when your kids go to morning Kindgergarten and then stay for the afternoon enrichment session. And if you swing by there- you'll see the picture affirmation I did this week. It got lots of good responses- just like last week's affirmations did! ***** I was given the Happy 101 Award from The Practical Mom Guide!

I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and pass this on to 10 other bloggers... hmmm...

1. Friday Fragments make me happy! 2. James on Survivor makes me happy! 3. Healthy kids make me happy! 4. A long hug from my husband make me happy! 5. Swallowing without pain makes me happy! 6. Zach's feet are still fat baby feet just enough to make me happy! 7. Life in general just makes me happy!!

Guess I'll stop with 7... so 7 blogs to gift this one... ummmm...

Blogs that make me happy:

Stepping On Cheerios

The Fourth Frog

Momza's House

My Mind Leaks

Cheap Therapy

A Peek At Karen's World

Whacked Daddy *****

I am very, very glad that it's Friday. Teagan has a birthday party to attend tomorrow evening. Other than that, our weekend should be very low key and laid back. We need to hunker down and fight off these germs! Are you doing something fun this weekend?

Photobucket

16 comments:

Joy@TPMG said...

Yeah it's Friday! We are also doing the whole potty training thing. Good luck!

Congrats on the award!!!! Sorry its taken me so long to get around.

Shell said...

I love looking at James. He better simmer down, though, or he will get voted out!

Yay for potty trained! I hate pt'ing! Such a pain.

Amigo???? Kinda odd...

Garret said...

Mi Amigo. I laughed at your spot on Ninja comment. I'm sorry if I sound prejudice, but what is it with Latinos and idolizing people on their windows. Be it themselves, or someone who died complete with birth and death dates. Then there's the road side death markers. If everyone did that crap, there would be "crap" all over the side of the road. Horrible.

Oooo sorry, hope I don't spark some big debate in your comment section.

The Pepper Heating &. Funny. Little things like that bug me. Maybe Pepper Heating & Ice Making.

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm not sure I would have recognized Jesus if you hadn't told me who it was!

The heating & van really inspires a lot of confidence!

Garret said...

By the way Liz, before I read your caption, I too thought Jesus was a horse.

Kara @ His, Hers and Ours said...

Yeah, I would have never guessed that was Jesus. That is just tacky. lol

And, I'm not gonna debate Garret. I'm just gonna agree with him! ;)

I'm not a Survivor fan, but after seeing James, I'm thinking maybe I should be!!

I hope you and the family are better ASAP! No fun!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Peel bananas upside down... hmmm I will have to google that!!

Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to try the banana thing...interesting.

Plans for the weekend here include going to the gym (of course) and Drake's basketball game on Saturday. I have received my Body Bugg, so I'm sure I will spend lots of time messing with it this weekend.

Have a GREAT one, Chandlers!

Katherine said...

Congrats on almost having Zach potty trained. Biting the bullet and just stopping pull-ups is hard.

And I am also very glad that James is back on Survivor!

C. Beth said...

Oh but James was so RUDE yesterday! Very unattractive attitude!

The Crazy Coxes said...

I did not know the banana trick. Interesting. Congrats on the successful potty training!!

Oh and at first glance, I thought Jesus was a buffalo. Weird. Now I know that he is my asian/hispanic friend. Phew! Good to clear that up!

Happy Weekend

Emily said...

My blog makes you happy!?!? YAY!

Glad I can brighten someone's day :D

mimbles said...

Learning the banana thing at 39 years old makes me feel like a very inadequate primate.

Carolee Hollenback said...

I have to go buy some bananas now-some little monkey ate all of ours. What is the upside down trick?

A while back a new guy came to work at Ron's shop. They had a road call and stopped for gas and coffee first. The guy buys a banana, and as they are going down the road, the guy bites the banana, skin and all and eats it!

I told Ron I'm sure he was just trying to see how Ron reacted. Ron acted like he didn't notice.

I don't watch Survivor, but maybe I should start :-)

Prairiemaid said...

Hope your family is well and feeling better soon!

Thanks for the banana tip. Who said I can't learn new tricks! LOL

Have a good weekend.

qandlequeen said...

The banana thing is AMAZING! Who knew?