Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday! Friday! Friday!

Mommy's Idea

FRIDAY!!!!!

It's been a long week. We've had plenty of fun times but I'm excited for it to be Friday!

Highlights of our fun week:

This week's theme at camp (the preschool / kindergarten where the kids go has a summer camp program) was Cooking and my kids LOVED it. Monday they made cookies and cupcakes. Tuesday was ravioli- the kids made a cheese mixture and had pasta squares that they filled and folded over to make ravioli triangles. Wednesday was pizza- each kid making their own pizza. Thursday was ice cream- which the kids were eager for all week long. Friday- making breakfast. The kids have been eager to get to camp every day and bursting with details on our way home each evening!

*****

Monday night, we went to dinner at a Korean BBQ place to go with the camp theme of cooking. I know, cooking at home would make more sense. But trust me- cooking in my home isn't much of an option these days. Korean BBQ is cooked on a small grill at your table. It was our first time so the server (who is the son of the owners who are the chef and sushi chef) helped us.

*****

Tuesday night we had dinner out to support a fundraiser for our church and then headed over to a free concert in our town- a Beatles tribute! It is part of a weekly series- Tuesday evenings, free outdoor concert. We ran into a family we knew from kindergarten that happened to be Teagan' best grilfriends (triplets). The kids had a blast together!

*****

Thursday, along with being ice cream day, was the annual Employee Appreciation Day at my workplace. They have a big carnival type of event- cookout food, snow cones, face painting, a clown, the Colts mascot (Blue) was there, huge inflatable sports things and bounce houses, a photo booth, an animal show, and a magic show performed by employees (fun with science stuff). It was the best event so far and my kids had a blast.

I had some fun too... especially when I caved and went down the giant inflatable slide. I want one for MY birthday!!



Yup, that's my weird laughing scream. Loved it!

*****

But what I am most excited about for this Friday is that tonight, I head out with 2 of my girlfriends for the Girlfriend Ride in Columbus, IN. We are staying overnight in a friend's parent's cabin. We have adult beverages and will sit around and talk and relax for the evening. In the morning, we go on one of the greatest bike rides I've heard of- the course is full of pampering stops (like hand massages) and food (like chocolate). We're doing the 50K (31 miles). I am very excited for the bike ride, the experience, and most of all- time with my friends!

*****

Part of me is wanting to change my Team In Training event from running a half marathon to a cycling event in Michigan. If I change, I'd be cycling 100 miles (Century Ride) instead of running 13.1. With the training, I'd learn a lot more about taking care of my bike and handling problems I can encounter on the trail. Plus, I love riding my bike. I enjoy it. I don't enjoy running (I enjoy the benefits of running. My hang up is that I'd have to raise more money. Right now, I need to raise $1500 by Aug 3. If I change to the cycling, I'd need to raise $3,000 by July 20. I need to be close to those numbers by those dates for those events. I'm not confident I can do it.

*****

So proud of my husband- he's planning to take the kids to the Farmer's Market without me on Saturday! I hope he remembers to get me a jalapeno brownie from Sugar 4!

What are your weekend plans? I hope you have a chance to get outside and do something fun and active!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Garret said...

The slide looked fun but I can't believe you actually screamed.

Camp sounds awesome! Sign me up too!

Why is cooking not an option?

I'm not sure if my company has an employee appreciation day.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I screamed EVERY time. Not a scared thing and I didn't do it on purpose- it just flew out of my mouth with the drop of my stomach!

We don't have time to cook. Sounds lame, I know. But our schedules have been so insane lately that keeping up with keeping the kitchen stocked and cleaned up and all that is a nightmare.

C. Beth said...

Ha ha ha.... My kids and I all enjoyed the laughing scream! Looks like fun!

Natalie said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled week...and that bike ride with friends sounds awesome!

Brandi. said...

Camp sounds awesome! My daughter would love that. :) She informed me that she is going to be a chef and a teacher when she grows up. She's going to teach people how to be a chef.

Amy said...

I was just talking about the Girlfriend Ride to someone. Sounds like so much fun. I need to work on my friends to get some fitness buddies going.

Cooking camp sounds awesome. Did they make the ice cream in ziploc bags?

I think I'd enjoy a giant slide more than a bounce house. Glad you took the plunge.

Jenny Young said...

My girlfriend can't make the Girlfriend ride with me, so have so fun for me! I'd definitely recommend the cycling TnT; although the extra $ is a bit intimidating. A friend of mine had an event at the waterpark off Michigan Road and I think netted $900 or something.

Anonymous said...

We actually made the ice cream in metal coffee cans, so the kids were able to go outside and kick them around the playground and make the ice cream!

Matty said...

I'm doing a 65 mile charity bike ride in July. No running or swimming, but enough work just the same. The only issue is my butt. LOL

Mrs4444 said...

That laugh is AWESOME! Totally loved it.

I did give to your cause already, right?

If you make it to Wisconsin, we have some wonderful trails near Madison (like Olympic-quality). Of course, you could also ride a few hundred miles further and stay with us, too--That would be SO fun!

Have fun with the girls and on your ride!!! I'm very excited for you.

mub said...

Love the slide! I wish the places I've worked for would have done something as awesome for the employees!

I want to go to summer camp and have a cooking theme. That sounds like it would be a fun thing for grownups too!

I'd rather bike than run too I think... though I'm pretty sure I'd keel over and die riding that far. I hope you can raise your funds!