Thursday, June 28, 2012

Five Dollar Felines @Hamilton_Humane


If you're in Indy and you've been even considering the possibility of adding a cat or kitten to your family, this Saturday is THE day to do it!

The Humane Society for Hamilton County is having their Welcome to the Jungle Event and are offering the LOWEST EVER adoption fees for cats.  The Humane Society is currently way overloaded on felines- there are 400 cats and kittens needing homes right now.

This Saturday from 12-5, you can adopt a cat for as little as $5!  All cats age 5 and older and all FIV+ cats are adoptable for only $5!!  That's incredible!  Young cats (1 year up to age 5) are only $15 and kittens are just $25!

Adopting is, of course, a serious commitment.  The Humane Society takes it seriously, too.  You will have to fill out an application and they will help you find the kitty that suits your lifestyle and your family.  If you have any other pets at home, your need to bring them for a meet and greet.  Adopting a pet means committing to that pet- vet bills, medical procedures now and in the future, food, and more.

I'm really hoping that the daily list (posted on Facebook) of adopted pets this Saturday is so long that they have to post it as a Note instead of a status update!

Cats like...

Snowbella- "On November 22, 2010, someone found Snowbella not far from the HSHC. Because it was a cold day this tiny cat was grateful to be out of the weather. She was painfully thin, dehydrated, coughing & wheezing, several teeth were broken or missing and to top it all off, her tail was broken. Of course she was scared and nervous at all the attention she was suddenly getting. She spent a long time in sick bay recovering from her upper respiratory illness and then later from surgery to remove her tail. Throughout her ordeal, Snowbella was a quiet, gentle girl, content to be in a soft warm bed out of the elements. She showed affection and gave kisses to her caregivers. Now Snowbella is much better and looking forward to being adopted into a new forever home. She wants to be sure her new family will keep her inside and never let her be exposed to illness or injury again. She is solid white with golden eyes, about 7 years old and already spayed."


Beau - " My previous family surrendered me because they were moving and could not take me with them. As heartbroken as I’ve been after losing the only family I’ve ever known, I hope that here at HSHC I’ll be able to find someone who will love me forever. 

I’m a 7 year old neutered male Siamese mix. I’m also FRONT DECLAWED, liter trained, and a total love bug. I get along well with other cats, dogs, and people of all ages. I really get along well with dogs. In fact, I use to sleep on the back of my canine companion as he stretched on the floor. "

Albert - "Hello, my name is Albert. I am in search of a new forever family. I’m not picky either. I’ll live with kids, adults, someone single, a couple, a house full of people and EVEN DOGS!! I am very friendly with dogs and could even make a good companion for your dog. I tried to find my match on e-harmony, but I am just not good with computers. But my compatibility test said that I will be 100% perfect for anyone who loves cats and wants a companion for life. I just need to be loved.

If this adoption stuff doesn’t work out for me fast I might have to try match.com and get better with computers. I am about 4.5 old. I came to the shelter on January 27, 2012 as a stray. I am very friendly and I am also told that I’m pretty sweet. All the ladies love me. I am FRONT DECLAWED. My adoption comes with all of my shots, a vet visit, a microchip, a 5lb bag of food, 30 days of pet insurance and LOTS OF LOVE!!"


Personally, I wish I could go and adopt a few of these sweethearts.  I really like cats- but my allergies prevent me from ever having one in my house as a pet.  We currently help feed a handful of neighborhood cats so the kids and I get our cat-fix that way.  

Seriously considering heading to HSHC on Saturday and expanding your family to include a feline who needs a home.  You'll be my hero- and a hero to that animal.

Photobucket

No comments: