Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Be A Quitter!

Sometimes, I get overwhelmed by the list of things I should be doing to be healthy.

Eat healthy food.

Eat more leafy greens.

Get more Vitamin C.

Exercise 30 minutes each day.

Exercise more than 30 minutes each day.

Sleep for 8 hours.

I've been thinking about it and I think I'm ready to be a quitter.  Having a long list of "shoulds" makes me feel like I can't accomplish everything.

So instead of shoulds, I'm going for quits.

I quit sitting on the couch for 2 hours after the kids go to bed.

I quit eating as my first response to stress.

I quit making excuses.

I quit feeling overwhelmed.

I quit failing.

What are you ready to quit?

Cleanse Update:  Today is Day 3.  It hasn't been easy but I haven't failed, either.  And I am feeling good and I have lost some weight and I have energy and I just feel... good.  Jeff didn't make it the 3 days but he did way better than we expected him to and he supported me through the time I wanted to give up.  What matters now is how we proceed.  I didn't get through these 3 days just to throw it all away for a cheeseburger!  The key now is to make sure we continue to incorporate big quantities of raw fruits and veggies into our daily diets.

Photobucket

No comments: