Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Wanted to Have a Good Day

I was excited for a day off during the work week.

Jeff had a plan to start working on cleaning out the garage.

I had lunch plans with a friend.

Other than that, the day was open.

Maybe we could hit the pool at the Y.  Maybe we would go to the park.  Maybe we would see a movie.

Or maybe I would wake up with a sore neck and shoulder.

And maybe the kids would be weirdly cranky.

It was not a good day.

My life is real.  It's not sunshine and roses.  There are times I really am tired of being a mom.

If you cut me, do I not bleed?

(Sorry - the melodrama was flowing)

I tried taking the kids to the park.  Teagan and I rode our bikes and Zach rode on his scooter.  We got there and it was empty - strange for this park but perfect for us.  Within 20 seconds, Teagan has gotten hurt, Zach is laughing at her, she's angry, and he starts crying.  And neither one wants to stay at the park.

There would be peace and quiet for a bit and then bossiness and fighting would take over the living room.

And in the end, the biggest issue was that the kids simply do not listen.  They just could not do what they were told to do or asked to do.

It was not a good day.

Except for the garage.  It's not done but Jeff certainly made a dent in it.

But overall, this Independence Day is ending with wine, oreos and milk, and a headache.

And hope for tomorrow.  A new day.  And I want it to be a good day.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm sorry you had a bad holiday. I hope today and the weekend are better.

Garret said...

Maybe you need a secret hiding space in the garage?